Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Position Summary: The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to provide personal administrative support to the pastor(s) and Leadership Team through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain office area
- Greet and provide assistance to visitors during office hours
- Answer the phone and take messages
- Manage correspondence through mail and email
- Order office and church supplies
- Organize and maintain schedules, records, forms, lists, and calendars
- Set up and maintain filing systems, databases, and spreadsheets
- Operate office equipment
- Create various church publications: bulletins, attendance records, promotional materials
- Help develop and maintain social media accounts
- Maintain and update standard forms, reports and online ministry websites
- Provide various ministries and leaders with administrative assistance
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally:
- Contribute in other areas of church ministry as needed
- Recommend policies and programs to the Pastor
- Report equipment or unsafe practices to the church leadership
- Commit to developing skills and abilities
- Protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentially
- Demonstrate a high level of trust and confidentiality
- Competent in Microsoft Office – Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel
- Familiar with Social Media – Website, Facebook, Instagram
- Strong organizational interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial accountability and management
The position of the Administrative Assistant is a special ministry and important in a church setting. The AA is on the front lines of this ministry and is one of the very first people the public sees and talks to. She/he is a reflection of the church and should always keep this as an honor and reflect it as such.
The person selected for this position should demonstrate general office skills and abilities. She/he should feel called to Christian service and be willing to go above and beyond the personal investment in a job that is considered “normal” in the secular world of work.
There is a lot of confidential information of which the church secretary will be aware such as financial records, counseling situations, conversations and other private matters. It is absolutely essential that all items of a personal nature of which she/he becomes aware must remain a highly guarded treasure. Divulging any private matters of any person – church member or not – will be considered grounds for immediate dismissal.